Saturday, November 19, 2011

168 Hours

I have 168 hours, three cases of beer (well, minus several bottles by now), 30 bottles of wine, and some hard liquor (thanks to some efforts by a dear friend) to get to next Saturday morning.  Why, you may ask?  Because it's the beginning of the high holies of holidays for the end of the calendar year - Thanksgiving.

Halloween doesn't count, because it's largely regarded as one of the highest of the children's holidays, so we start with Thanksgiving.  A day to overindulge in turkey and all its accoutrements, and, in this house, a certain cloud of doom by visiting relative(s).  So, what have I and The Husband done to counter this?  Invest heavily in the offerings proffered by Safeway, Total Beverage, and our local ABC store (Alcohol Beverage Control for those of you beyond the Commonweal' of Virginia).  What will this get me (beyond a fairly sizable hangover and some blurry memories)?  Some measure of control.

I really don't know what I'm doing, besides giving in to what is the hope of every angst-riddled English major who hoped they'd be a Major Writer by now, but this is my first effort, and right now, my goal is to get to next Saturday, November 26, at about 11:00 in the a.m.  Please bear with me.  Oh, and if you have any drink recipes for tequila, rum, and vodka, please send them along.

Okay.  Or, as I frequently type in texts to The Husband, Oaky.

3 comments: