Sunday, November 20, 2011

144 Hours to go and three margaritas later

So, it's day two of this, and I've been getting busy with the bucket o'frozen margaritas in the freezer. I had a hellacious trip to Target and some severe irritation outside a Safeway, but I keep thinking of the mantra from one of my favorite movies, "Grosse Pointe Blank" - "I am at home with the me."

And that makes me think of popular culture. And how so many movies have set a precedent with stuff in my life. For example, I woke up this morning and realized I now have a blog and a gmail account. In the space of about ten minutes last night, I went from 43 to 27. Whoa. But I digress. I woke up thinking about "Sixteen Candles" and one of the best post-party scenes. Ever. You know it - Farmer Ted wakes up under Jake Ryan's coffee table. I was Farmer Ted. Next, I had a "Say Anything" epiphany of, "Every year, I throw this party, and every year, no one helps me clean up." As in, (from "The Incredibles"):  "What did (I) do?!?"

This has to be short, because I think my BIL is getting tired of me doing this while we're Skyping, and I need to get another 'rita. If you can think of other John Hughes movies, or ones by Cameron Crowe, lemme know. And I think I'll be back to edit this. I can't feel my feet.

1 comment:

  1. "The Breakfast Club." Theme song of my last year of college.

    ReplyDelete